Administrators (also known as "admins" or "sysops") are trusted users, who are generally chosen by the community or founder. They have strong tools to fight against vandalism with rollback, and alter pages and files which is similar to custodians. In addition, they can block users who seriously violate rules and make some site-wide changes (e.g. site background and site logo).
What Are The Duties Of Admins?
For guiding, see Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions. See Bureaucrats for a 'level up' of administrators.
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Move pages and files
- Locking/protecting a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing.
- Grant and revoke both the custodian and rollback rights.
- Edit the Wikia's skin and format.
- Edit Wiki pages.
- Protecting pages from certain users.
What are the expectations of admins?
Administrators should behave well and lead by example.
- Being an admin is not a trophy. You only get the tools that deal with issues easier.
- Require extreme care and judgement when using bureaucrat/admin/bot tools
- Be fair and patient when treating matters.
- Be friendly and answer any questions.
- Be respectful and civil when making comments on articles, posts and blogs.
- Have a superior understanding on every aspect of the wiki.
- Have a huge contribution to the wiki.
- Never involve in major vandalism or bans.
How to Revoke an Administrator
Administrator status can only be removed by Wiki Staff, Bureaucrats, or by the admin themselves.
There are 3 situations to remove an admin:
- Misbehavior - this includes the abuse of power, serious failure to meet expectation, or community consensus reached to remove such administrator.
This user is an Administrator on the Video Game Adventures Wiki. (verify)
This Wiki's Administrators